Is your city on the Opportunity Zone Map? I attached the link below to the Map. What is an Opportunity Zone? Do we need a Airport in Olympia, not Sure? “Opportunity Zones are economically distressed communities, defined by individual census tract, nominated by America’s governors, and certified by the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury via his delegation of that authority to the Internal Revenue Service. Under certain conditions, new investments in Opportunity Zones may be eligible for preferential tax treatment. There are 8,764 Opportunity Zones in the United States, many of which have experienced a lack of investment for decades. The Opportunity Zones initiative is not a top-down government program from Washington but an incentive to spur private and public investment in America’s underserved communities”. https://opportunityzones.hud.gov/reso… Ron Rougeaux is based in Olympia but serves all of Washington State! Call /Text me 360-338-8355 Email CaptainRonJr@gmail.com
REAL ESTATE MARKET & (LIFE) SUMMER “2022”
Right now the sun is shining bright and the weather is hot (smoking hot) and summer is here full force. This is why we live here in the PNW, best summers. You have the mountains on the cascades and olympics glittering bright with the snow reflecting the sun, just enticing you to come hike. With the waves in the Puget sound and rivers and lakes throwing the sun right back at you, saying come in and swim and fish in our waters. Yep nothing better in the summer than in the PNW and with no abundance of mosquitoes at least where we live at the lake. You can just setup your chair and really enjoy one of the last slices of nature before you head to Canada and Alaska. Of course in the high woods and mountains, yes we do have bears and Mountain Lions, coyotes and wolfs.
With real estate I believe everyone has learned or is finally learning – Location is everything. And yes sometimes you can’t get the perfect location. But when you can, nothing is better than that amazing location. In my opinion these are my 3 top locations for a Primary or Investment home.
- Waterfront pure and simple. Nothing is better than having water at your back or front door and being about to jump in for a swim or paddle/boat off into the sunset. It is the best spot to be in the hot summer days and everyone will want to becoming over for that bbq and swim/boat time. Now with that said, yes some waterfront is not good. (If you are in a flood zone or a very swampy location). Remember even with waterfront there are prime locations, good spots, and then just okay spots. With regards to the PNW in Washington state we have Salt water and Fresh Water locations. We then can go further with location here in Washington state as we have a lot of choices to pick from. Would you prefer lake or river/stream or would you like salt water bay/sound or oceanfront? This is totally up to you and to be honest, all waterfront in my mind is a solid purchase. Of course there are levels of prime locations on the water front as well. For example on the lake a clean spot for swimming and dock with boating in front of your house is perfect. But as the same lake if it is marshy and you can’t really swim and too shallow for a boat, while again you are waterfront but less desirable location. Budget will also have a huge determining factor on what you can pick/afford. And at the end of the day, I believe water front is 100 times better than a cookie cutter home with pavement and homes all around you.
- 2. Land and great large raw land with maybe a creek/river or pond or if you are lucky to have large land with salt water. Land is becoming harder and harder to find. There are many factors to why there is less land, the obvious is more people and more people wanting land instead of living downtown or in the cities. The big chunks of raw land that are clean, by clean I mean no wetlands or gophers to stop you from being able to build. Also flat with some hills is good, but steep and extremely hard to build on lots is also not the best. So you will always have different levels of land that is Best to not the best. I will say when the land is private and doesn’t have eye sores around it, being that of either man built/living presence or views such as mud flats or swamps. The really nice pieces of land usually get sold off market to investors/developers or if you are hunting for land, a really good real estate broker will call around for you to see if any owner is looking to sell. Another great way to buy big chunks of raw land is to look for timber land from logging companies. Sometimes these lots are further out in the country. But if you can afford to buy and hold on to the property until it is built up around you or development has come close to the big chunks of land you can make a good penny developing the land or selling to a developer/investor.
- 3. Downtown Residential/Commerical Downtown Residential/Commerical is amazing and can always be fun and exciting living or living/working close to all the action of a downtown city. Depending where the city is, you can have key locations downtown, if there is water then of course closer to the water or even better on the water is of course the best of the best you can get. If you have a residential of condo on a nice corner spot with restaurants and bars with cute stores, this again is very attractive and definitely helps the value. I really like if you can find a building to buy that has residential on top and a commercial unit on the bottom that you can either rent or use yourself for a business. These always are great buys, but harder to find sometimes. If you are just looking for commercial buildings, I usually recommend making sure the buildings are in key locations, unless they there in gentrification going on through the downtown key areas. These area are called opportunity zones and have awesome tax advantages and if you hold them for a key time period are a great investment, as long as it is just not sitting there vacant.
Stop and Look Around
I will say it is very easy somedays to just completely get engulfed in work, or life and completely stop to look around. I know it is a little cliché to say, but I have to remember to look around. I will admit it is very easy somedays for me to forget that we live in/on the puget sound. If you don’t actually see the water or work by it, you forget how beautiful it is.
Today I have clients downtown and I stopped into one of my favorite places, Budd Bay Cafe and they have one of the best calm chowders, and of course a great view of the water and boats.
Just a quick update, if you are running around like crazy and working all the time, don’t forget to take it all in or it will just fly by.
Investing in homes in Olympia, WA
Olympia, WA has always been a sleepy town and a great place to raise a family. What has finally started turning the corner is the home investors are finally really coming out of the wood works and noticing that there is more and more people moving to Olympia. With this flipping homes has become more and more of a popular item. The catch is the home prices have risen so much that finding a home for a great price to flip is harder and harder.
I am very lucky to have the opportunity to flip three more homes on waterfront on Long Lake, in Lacey, WA. The homes all home plenty of land, there are two waterfront lots, and the third home lot, can be subdivided in two 4 lots.
Stay tuned as I take you through the entire process of how I flip the homes.
Here is some starter pics.
Also please check out my website at PNW Homes Group Website if you are looking to sell or buy a home.
And please find my Youtube channel link if you want to watch my videos Captain Ron’s Real Estate Tips
Right now you are starting to see a change in the Commerical real estate market. There is more and more commercial properties coming on the market, and they are selling just as fast if they are a good deal in core density locations (ideal location – down town core areas).
Lets make this very easy population keeps growing, more and more people are moving back to the city life. The downtown city locations only have one choice and that is to grow bigger and up. If you are buying a building in a downtown location that you know the city will have to expand some day out and up, just wait to be bought out. And in the mean time lease out your building and just collect on the money. This is not the fast a quick way to make money, you are now in this for the long haul and patience is key. Buy the building that is older and needs some love, but can easily be leased out because of its location. Keep the lease going for 10-30 years, and when that time comes you building will be worth multiples of 2-10 what you paid for it. Plus you were making a small amount on the side well waiting to cash out on that Commerical building.
So if you want advice or where I would recommend to look on key downtown core areas to buy a Commerical building. Please contact myself, I love finding key buildings to invest in. Way put the money in a back and make a little bit, when its so much more fun to invest in Commerical buildings, where you know the only way there is to go is UP.
New Mobile App for Android users in the Real Estate Market.
Realtor has come out with a new app for Android users to help with their home search. Here are the key points below.
- Draw your search area directly on the map
- Browse through big and beautiful home photos
- Customize listings with your search criteria including square footage, price, hardwood floors, and much more
- Save and share all your favorite listings with family and friends
- Stay updated on the status of listings including new & pending listings, price-reduced homes for sale, and foreclosures
- Receive price reduction notifications for your favorite homes and new listing recommendations based on your search criteria
- NEW! Check out Sign Snap, instantly see listing details and photos by simply snapping a picture of a For Sale sign!
- Compatible with Chromecast to stream home photos on your TV
This would be a great way to search for homes. Please find the link below to download and check out the realtor app for all your home search needs.
If you would also like a more personalized search, please don’t hesitate to call/text (360) 338-8355 or email (email@example.com).
Tour of the Old Weyerhaeuser Corporate Building for Sale/Lease
A little nostalgia came to me when I was touring the old Weyerhaeuser corporate building this last week. It all came to me when I jumped up after my nice lunch which was included in the tour. I was in the first tour put on by the listing broker of the building. The tour was handled in small groups of 6-10 people and as we made our way up to the 5th floor the executive floor, I was excited to explore and look around. But instead of walking all around the tour guide/listing broker just walked to the middle of the floor and explained where things were laid out. And as we went to the third floor and we stand around in the center again really not touring the building but more being told what was in that area, I couldn’t help but to slowly walk away and actually go look in the different rooms and areas. I wasn’t alone, as one of the other guys I met earlier in the lineup for lunch followed me to the rooms. He made the comment ” I really want to actually see the building, and was so excited for this opportunity”, I completely agreed with him. As we rounded the corner and started walking back to the tour group, they left and literally disappeared.
As we stood in the middle of the third floor, this is where my nostalgia kicks in. It was like I was back in high school when I used to walk around school while everyone else was in class I would be exploring the school. So my new found friend Jeff and I look at each other and knew exactly what to do, have our own tour of the building. Of course we walked to the back areas, explored and then we go through a few doors and more doors. Then one key door I was about to tell Jeff to hold the door, but I let it go and didn’t say anything out loud. As we head through the second door to the cargo bay, well you probably guessed it we were locked out. I couldn’t help but laugh, yep just like high school, but with high end clothes on and in a 50 million dollar plus building, and yes Im working, well sort of. I was not to concerned, as there is always a way out. After still laughing and letting Jeff explore to find a way out, which he did in a few 3-4 minutes later, and after having stopped to take a selfie. We headed out through the loading ramp back up to the main entrance. We look at each other and know exactly what to do and that was to continue on our private tour of the building. We explore every floor in and out, every door and notice every detail from the full wood door handles, to the engine room with ear plugs and old blue print plans of the building. At the end I had a huge grin on my face, I had 2 plus hours of exploring this amazing building, bringing back old good memories of not a worry in the world, just exploring and admiring beautiful architecture and being right in my element. Please find the pictures below I took of the epic adventure.
p.s. If you would like to buy the building for about $150 a sqft, comes to about $54 million with 40 acres or lease at least 100,000 square feet basically one floor for $17 a square foot, please contact me to be your broker to represent you. Ron Rougeaux (360) 338-8355.
Time to List your home
The market is starting off again this year fast and strong. Actually it really has not slowed down since last year.
Folks are moving to the PNW in drones looking for that fresh water/air/trees/mountains and just a change of life. Most are acquiring new jobs in the area and businesses are hiring like crazy up and down the Puget sound area.
Most people selling are looking to down grade and up grade. Some have to big of a house and the kids are gone, and looking to find that perfect retirement home. Others are just moving up and need a bigger home for the kids and the best school locations. No matter what your reason is for selling, if you are just moving for constant sun even, let me help you sell your home.
When you go to sell your home, you want someone who will take care of the pictures – actually hiring a professional and even someone with a drone to get an ariel view, advertising – All advertising online/social media and newspaper/flyers. And if the home is vacant even home staging if required and holding “open house” on the weekends – to bring more foot traffic in the home ( if you are comfortable with an open house, some homes don’t require an open house). Pricing the home right – there is nothing worse then pricing the home to high and just having it sit on the market and then keep lowering the price, and maybe not even selling.
So before you go to list your home for sale, please contact me and I will run through the entire process and make sure you are taken care of properly and I get your home sold more importantly for a great price.
Have a great Tuesday,
Van Dorm Realty
Real Estate Already Starting to Get Busy in – Olympia, WA.
It’s the start of the new year and most people are focusing on the gym and what healthy plans they will try this year. One of my neighbors is doing the “no drinking” for a month, and my other neighbor is doing the Paleo diet.
But others are already starting to hit the real estate market hard. Either due to higher interest rates that are starting this year, or realizing now is the time to get in a home before it is to late. Along with high rental rates which have sky rocketed in Olympia, WA.
A lot of sellers are also realizing this and starting to list a lot earlier then in the years past.
If you are a buyer or seller, there is no time like now. I would say you will catch the early buyers out on the market wanting a change now and trying to get a head start of the summer rush, and multi-bidding wars. And the sellers are also trying to get ahead of the multiple home listings that could also flood the market in homes in certain neighborhoods. And if you home is not the best or one of the best in the neighborhood, it could sit a lot long on the market then the other homes that will blow your home away and may even lower your value if then underprice their home.
If you are looking to buy or sell, and want to get a head start in the market and want someone to make sure you get straight forward help. Please don’t hesitate to call (360)-338-8355 or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or if you like just discussing real estate and would like some questions answered or a realistic value on your home, just let me know.
Happy New Year and let the Real Estate Begin.
Commerical Brandy and I were in.
It’s a funny thing to be in a commercial or someone filming you over and over again to get a scene. I am not a person who is used to this process at all, but I will admit it was fun to do. Especially when you have your wife by your side and she is a great at this style of work, and she is beautiful as well.
If you like the commercial or have questions about the house, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com